My mom was given this recipe of Mississippi Mud Cake when we lived in Woodville, MS a long time ago – close enough to Louisiana for this recipe share , I hope!
Mississippi Mud Cake
- Melt 2 sticks butter and cool slightly . Add to butter and mix well.
- 1/2 c. Cocoa
- 2 c. Sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 c. Flour
- 1-1/2 c. Chopped pecans
Bake in buttered 13” x 9” at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes. When done and still hot, spread with a layer of marshmallow creme (most of a large jar).
- Melt 1 stick butter
Add and beat well:
- 1/3 c. Cocoa
- 1/3 c. Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 c. Powdered sugar
- Pour over marshmallow layer and spread evenly.
Best after 24 hours.
So Enjoy and recipe to make Mississippi Mud Cake for your family.
Latest posts by Sharone Stela (see all)
- Top 5 Best Electric Indoor Grill Reviews and Buyer’s Guide in 2019 - March 21, 2019
- The Insider’s Guide to Indoor Grill Recipe For Kitchen Home - March 14, 2019
- How to Cook a Steak Indoor Grill - March 14, 2019